Red Oak 1/2" Thick Lumber
Random Widths, Random Lengths
Also known as 1/2".
Surfaced 2 sides (S2S) from rough sawn lumber.
Details in our blog: "What Does 4/4 Mean in Lumber?"
This is the range of widths that are usually available in this wood.
- Price shown is for a random selection of widths within this range.
- Request special width selection using the "Minimum Size Request" box in the order form.
- Edges are rough sawn
- Straight edge ripping service is available for a small fee
This is the range of lengths that we might have in stock at any given time. But there are some things to know:
Some Shipping Restrictions:
- If you order 10 bd. ft. or less, your lumber will be cut to be shorter than 45" for shipping purposes. Request different lengths using the "Minimum Size Request" box on the order form
- 8' is the longest length we can reasonably ship by UPS & FedEx
- Longer lengths can be shipped truck freight instead; Please contact us to get a custom shipping quote if you need lengths longer than 8'
We're easy to buy from! That means we can cut you a short piece(s) from long boards if you want.
Here's a Little More Help
$4.99 /Square Feet
|1-99||$4.99 /Sq. Ft.|
|100-999||$3.74 /Sq. Ft. (25% off)|
|1000+||$3.34 /Sq. Ft. (33% off)|
Customer Ratings & Reviews
You've Gotta Get Our E-Newsletter
Subscribe now and get our woodworking tips delivered weekly, plus get a $10 credit:
Project Help Articles
Understanding hardwood lumber starts right here with these wacky fractions.
If you're expecting perfect clear lumber 100% of the time, you're in for a surprise. Here's a summary of the hardwood lumber grades and what to expect from them.
Board feet isn't your everyday kind of math, but these three simple steps make it easy to figure out your project.
Here's a handy (and free) Excel worksheet that helps you estimate the lumber needs for your project.
Are woods poisonous? Hazardous to use in cutting boards or baby cribs? Find out here.
Wood is like a sponge, and it's always in a state of absorbing or releasing moisture to stay equalized with its environment. The problem with that is it also swells and shrinks. Here's what you need to know to protect your project.