Pick Up In Store
JET Mortiser: JBM-5, 1/2Hp Benchtop Mortise Machine, 1/2'' Capacity, 1725 RPM
- Heavy-duty cast iron and steel construction provides durability and stability during use
- Dependable rack-and-pinion head adjustment gives you accurate position control
- Long, multi-position mortising handle let you reposition the feed handle for easier operation and optimum handle position
- Three-jaw drill chuck keeps a positive grip on mortising bits with up to 3/8" diameter shanks
- Two hinged side doors allow easy access to the drill chuck
- Quick adjust depth stop for uniform mortise depths
- Column is reversible for mortising larger stock
- Removable On/Off toggle switch prevents accidental or unauthorized use of the tool
- Powerful 1/2HP motor provides consistently smooth performance
Why Choose This?
This conveniently sized, but powerful machine can be used on a bench or an independent stand. Heavy duty construction provide the durability, consistency and stability needed to produce quality results every time.
Woodworkers Also Recommend These
Understanding hardwood lumber starts right here with these wacky fractions.
If you're expecting perfect clear lumber 100% of the time, you're in for a surprise. Here's a summary of the hardwood lumber grades and what to expect from them.
Board feet isn't your everyday kind of math, but these three simple steps make it easy to figure out your project.
Here's a handy (and free) Excel worksheet that helps you estimate the lumber needs for your project.
Are woods poisonous? Hazardous to use in cutting boards or baby cribs? Find out here.
Wood is like a sponge, and it's always in a state of absorbing or releasing moisture to stay equalized with its environment. The problem with that is it also swells and shrinks. Here's what you need to know to protect your project.