Pick Up In Store
JET JWDP-12 12'' Drill Press, Digital Read Out (DRO)
- Compact bench top design allows for easy transport
- 10" x 16-1/8" cast iron base fits neatly on work benches with limited space"
- Stable base design allows for easy re-positioning on work bench
- Heavy Duty 1/2 HP induction motor for various drilling applications
- Mechanical variable speed drive system for easy speed changes
- Industrial 5/8" drill chuck for multiple drilling applications"
- Oversized, ergonomic knobs provide ease of use and maximum control
- X-shaped XACTA Laser™ ensures drilling accuracy
- Digital read out displays spindle speed for different drilling applications
- LED work light increases visibility for intricate applications
- Retractable roller extension provides support and quick work piece adjustment
- Large paddle switch provides easy shut off and lockout protection
- Clear linear scale with depth stop for consistent drilling depths
When is a Drill Press powerful enough to tackle the big jobs, and portable enough to do it anywhere? When it's the all-new JET 12 Variable Speed Drill Press. A powerful 1/2 HP induction motor that pushes through almost anything you throw at it; over 3-1/8" spindle travel for maximum depth cutting, and our innovative X-shaped XACTA Laser that ensures drilling accuracy; makes this workhorse the best choice for in your shop or on the go.
Understanding hardwood lumber starts right here with these wacky fractions.
If you're expecting perfect clear lumber 100% of the time, you're in for a surprise. Here's a summary of the hardwood lumber grades and what to expect from them.
Board feet isn't your everyday kind of math, but these three simple steps make it easy to figure out your project.
Here's a handy (and free) Excel worksheet that helps you estimate the lumber needs for your project.
Are woods poisonous? Hazardous to use in cutting boards or baby cribs? Find out here.
Wood is like a sponge, and it's always in a state of absorbing or releasing moisture to stay equalized with its environment. The problem with that is it also swells and shrinks. Here's what you need to know to protect your project.