Chakte Viga » Caesalpinia platyloba
Chakte Viga Characteristics
Chakte Viga Wood CharacteristicsNice orange color that deepens with age and exposure. Moderately hard but a joy to work despite a slight odor when working. Similar to Birch in hardness, workability, and texture.
Color RangeBright orange to deep russett
Other NamesPaela, Fernambuco
Some Typical UsesFurniture, inlay, flooring, turnings, small parts, etc.
5.41lbs /Bd. Ft.
51.12% heavier than red oak (3.58 /bd. ft.)
2750Janka Rating (?)
113.18% harder than red oak (1290 lbf)
0.82Specific Gravity (?)
28.12% more dense than red oak (.64)
Woodworking with Chakte Viga:
Free Shipping (48 U.S.)!
- Width: Ripped to 3''
- Width: 4''-7'' with the edges still rough. Straight line ripping on one edge is available as well (available above with your order).
Shipping Included (48 U.S.)!
- Width: 4''-10'' variety with rough edges. Straight line ripping on one edge is available as well (see above).
- Quantity: Project Packs contain 20 board feet (or slightly more), which tends to be approximately 4 to 7 boards depending on the size
Flat Rate U.S. Shipping!
- Width: 3''-8'', with rough edges. Straight line ripping on one edge is available as well, see above.
- Quantity: A total of 10 board feet (or slightly more) are included, approximately 5 to 8 boards depending on the size