Black Walnut 4/4 Project Pack: 20 Board Feet, Quarter & Rift Sawn
Also known as 4/4, S2S.
Surfaced 2 sides (S2S) to 13/16" actual thickness. May still require you to flatten, plane, shape or sand your project parts to fit your project.
Details in our blog: "What Does 4/4 Mean in Lumber?"
This is the range of widths that are usually available in this pack.
- Price shown is for a random selection of widths within this range
- Special hand-selection is avaialble at an additional fee, please contact to inquire
- Edges are rough sawn
- Straight edge ripping service is available for a small fee
Lengths will vary within this range.
Some Shipping Restrictions:
- If you order 10 bd. ft. or less, your lumber will be cut to be shorter than 45" for shipping purposes. Request different lengths using the "Minimum Size Request" box on the order form
- 8' is the longest length we can reasonably ship by UPS & FedEx
- Longer lengths can be shipped truck freight instead; Please contact us to get a custom shipping quote if you need lengths longer than 8'
We're easy to buy from! That means we can cut you a short piece(s) from long boards if you want.
Here's a Little More Help
|3+||$286.20 /Pack (10% off)|
Quarter & rift sawn brings you the best mix of straight grain and a high percentage of gorgeous dark brown heartwood. While the lumber does contain a touch of pale sapwood, it's concentrated to just one edge of the lumber - so it's easy to work around, or you can incorporate it into your project with stunning contrasting stripes.
A Great Pack for Building a Project
A Project Pack provides you an assortment of typical boards between 3" and 5" wide, and between 48" and 96" long.
We stock walnut lumber with one of the highest possible heartwood specifications that money can buy, called 90/70. That means 90% heartwood on the face, and 70% on the back. While the heartwood content may be greater on some boards, we can not guarantee 100% heartwood.
Customer Ratings & Reviews
You've Gotta Get Our E-Newsletter
Subscribe now and get our woodworking tips delivered weekly, plus get a $10 credit:
Project Help Articles
Understanding hardwood lumber starts right here with these wacky fractions.
If you're expecting perfect clear lumber 100% of the time, you're in for a surprise. Here's a summary of the hardwood lumber grades and what to expect from them.
Board feet isn't your everyday kind of math, but these three simple steps make it easy to figure out your project.
Here's a handy (and free) Excel worksheet that helps you estimate the lumber needs for your project.
Are woods poisonous? Hazardous to use in cutting boards or baby cribs? Find out here.
Wood is like a sponge, and it's always in a state of absorbing or releasing moisture to stay equalized with its environment. The problem with that is it also swells and shrinks. Here's what you need to know to protect your project.