Poculi 4/4 Craft Pack: 10 Board Feet of Lumber
Why Choose Poculi?The wood is moderately coarse and hard, but generally easy to work with as far as exotic woods are concerned. The wood has a striking resemblance to zebrawood, but has a more rosy red color.
What's in the Pack?
- 5 to 8 boards
- Assorted widths 3" to 8"
- Assorted lengths 24"-46"
What Size Is This?
|Thickness||4/4, S2S is 13/16" thick|
|Width||3" to 8" random|
|Length*||24" to 46" random|
|Grade||Craft packs contain clear shorts. (info)|
Here's what you can expect:
Also known as 4/4, S2S.
Surfaced 2 sides (S2S) to 13/16" actual thickness. May still require you to flatten, plane, shape or sand your project parts to fit your project.
Learn more in our blog: "What Does 4/4 Mean in Lumber?"
This is the range of widths that are usually available in this pack.
You get a variety of lengths with the ends trimmed.
A 10 board foot Craft Pack is simple, plus we stand behind it with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. It includes a great mix of boards that total 10 board feet of hand-picked lumber, and you'll get a fantastic assortment of sizes: from 3'' to 8'' wide, and 24'' to 48'' long. All boards come surfaced on 2 sides (S2S) to 13/16'' thick, you can choose to have the boards planed down to a different thickness if you want thin lumber.
About Poculi (Berlinia spp)
3.75lbs /Bd. Ft.
Ease of Finishing
Poculi is an exotic wood from Africa
The wood is moderately coarse and hard, but generally easy to work with as far as exotic woods are concerned. The wood has a striking resemblance to zebrawood, but has a more rosy red color.
Pale or light pinkish tan with frequent darker stripes of brown
This is a massive tree that can be as large as 130 feet tall, and more than 5 feet in diameter
Ebiara, Berlinia, Poculi, Red Zebrawood
Decorative items, turnings, home furnishings, furniture
You will cut and/or glue to create the sizes you need
We buy rough sawn lumber and have it surfaced 2 sides (S2S) so you're ready to work
We stock kiln dried lumber and store it in a protected warehouse
Unless stated otherwise, we stock Select & Better graded lumber that's at least 83% clear one side
Various lumber thickness as compared to one another
- Decide how much board footage you need
- Factor in enough to work with! You'll want to arrange grain patterns, sort color, fix mistakes, run test cuts, make finish samples, etc.
- Lumber comes in random widths and lengths. If you need special size considerations, please let us know by using the "Minimum Size Request" box in the order form or by confirming your needs by phone or email.
- Expect your final amount of footage to change slightly. Buying by the board foot is an exercise in estimation, therefore we don't know the precise amount of footage you'll receive (and be billed for) until we physically select the wood for your order.
- We want to get your order right! So we may need to contact you for clarification. Please use a good phone and email during checkout.
It's a fraction that refers to rough (RGH) sawn thickness of lumber, and it tells you approximately how many quarters of an inch make up the thickness.
Surfaced lumber is thinner because it started out as rough sawn but it's been planed smooth. Planing removes thickness.
|Rough Sawn (RGH)||Surfaced (S2S)|
Unless otherwise specified, our lumber is "Surfaced 2 Sides" or S2S for short.
Check out our article if you want the full explanation.
If you can cut your own pieces to size, here's how we can help:
- Enter requirements into the order form where it says, "Minimum Size Request"
- Tell us what you want to acheive or make
- You will receive wood that can yeild what you need. (You will create the final size)
- We may need to contact you for clarification
You will cut and/or join your material to create the finished sizes you need. We'll pick out wood that will give you enough to do that. For this reason, the final amount of footage you receive in your order will be slightly different, and your final billed charge will be different.
If you want to only buy pieces of an exact size, that will be sold differently. Please contact us for a custom quote.
Hardwood grades explained
You've Gotta Get Our E-Newsletter
Subscribe now and get our woodworking tips delivered weekly, plus get a $10 credit:
Project Help Articles
Understanding hardwood lumber starts right here with these wacky fractions.
If you're expecting perfect clear lumber 100% of the time, you're in for a surprise. Here's a summary of the hardwood lumber grades and what to expect from them.
Board feet isn't your everyday kind of math, but these three simple steps make it easy to figure out your project.
Here's a handy (and free) Excel worksheet that helps you estimate the lumber needs for your project.
Are woods poisonous? Hazardous to use in cutting boards or baby cribs? Find out here.
Wood is like a sponge, and it's always in a state of absorbing or releasing moisture to stay equalized with its environment. The problem with that is it also swells and shrinks. Here's what you need to know to protect your project.