- Tools & Supplies
- Power Tools
- Powermatic Woodworking Tools
- Powermatic Table Saw: PM2000, 5HP 3PH TA SAW w/ 50'' Accu-Fence System
Powermatic Table Saw: PM2000, 5HP 3PH TA SAW w/ 50'' Accu-Fence System
$3672.00 $3,059.99 ea.
This tool ships direct from JET. For local pick-up or purchase, please contact your nearest Woodworkers Source store.
- Model: 1792005K
- Brand: Powermatic
Here's Why This Is One Fantastic ToolThe award winning PM2000 table saw sets a new standard for innovation with an array of patented features and massive body design. It boasts the heaviest cast iron base in its class that virtually eliminates table vibration. The cast iron tables are oversized, and the push button arbor lock is accessible from above the table top to eliminate the need for dual arbor wrenches. The quick-release riving knife design helps reduce the chance of kickback. The blade tilt scale has adjustable angle indicators for repetitive bevel cuts. Built-in retractable omni-directional caster system mobilizes your table saw. A wide stance, heavy-duty trunnion and concave teeth on the trunnion gears promote easier raising and tilting of saw blade. Poly-V drive belt system results in quieter, more efficient power transfer from the motor to the arbor with virtually no vibration and less heat build up. Built-in dust collection port with sloped cabinet floor and convenient access to the inside of the saw cabinet make for simple clean-up. The saw has a proprietary safety switch with magnetic interlock, and the stop button can be knee activated.
- Quick release riving knife greatly reduces binding/kickback risk
- Built-in retractable caster system for immediate shop mobility
- Arbor lock for rapid blade change
- Poly-V drive belt system delivers efficient, quiet operation
- Wide stance heavy-duty trunnion for stability and smooth blade positioning
- Adjustable angle indicators on the blade bevel scale for repeatable bevel cuts
- Industrial-duty Accu-Fence® System ensures accurate cuts
- Enclosed cabinet with cast iron base for rigidity
- Heavy-duty deluxe micro-adjust miter gauge with aluminum extruded 13" extension fence, for good workpiece support and fine angle adjustments.
- Precision ground, high luster, cast iron table top with front and rear edge bevel to prevent catching of miter gauge on table edge
- Heavy-duty chrome plated handwheels contribute to smooth trunnion/arbor movement
- Independent leaf blade guard and anti-kickback pawls promote safe cutting
- Industrial magnetic controls, and jumbo stop switch is reachable with the knee
- Built-in 4" port for dust collection
- Standard Equipment:
- TEFC Motor with magnetic controls
- Standard left and right cast iron extension wings
- Accu-Fence® System with 50" to the right cutting capacity
- Melamine-surface extension table and legs
- Arbor wrench
- Motor cover
- Blade and power cord plug not included
- 460V operation requires an additional 460V magnetic switch, part PM2000-293C
Buy With Confidence
The Woodworkers Source Difference
Products On Sale
wood of the monthCountry Hard Maple 4/4 PRO Pack: 100 Board Feet
Special PromoHawaiian Koa Shorts, Pack of 10 Pieces
wood of the monthMahogany Genuine 4/4 Project Pack: 20 Board Feet
- Style (Type) Cabinet
- Blade Diameter (In.) 10
- Arbor Diameter (In.) 5/8
- Arbor Speed (RPM) 4,300
- Maximum Depth of Cut (In.) 3-1/8
- Maximum Depth of Cut at 45 Degrees (In.) 2-1/8
- Maximum Rip Left of Blade (In.) 13-1/2
- Maximum Rip Right of Blade (In.) 50
- Table in Front of Saw Blade at Maximum Depth of Cut (In.) 11-1/4
- Maximum Diameter of Dado (In.) 8
- Maximum Width of Dado (In.) 13/16
- Table Type Cast Iron
- Table Height from Floor (In.) 34-1/2
- Table Size (In.) 22 x 30-1/2
- Table Size with Extensions (In.) 42 x 30-1/2
- Dust Collection Minimum CFM Required (CFM) 350
- Motor Power (HP) 5
- Motor Phase 3
- Motor Voltage (V.) 230, 460
- Prewired Voltage (V.) 230
- Height 39.0000
- Length 85.0000
- Weight 746.0000
- Width 37.0000
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!
We're Here to Help You Do Your Best Woodworking
Enjoy Our Weekly Newsletter
This week's issue:
Subscribe now and get our woodworking tips delivered weekly, plus get a $10 credit:
Project Help Articles
Woodworking Tips & Advice Blog
Why Your Lumber Quantity May Need To Change
In short, you may receive slightly more wood than you order and be charged for it. But don't worry, this is usually no more than a fraction of a board foot, but we do need to charge you for exactly what you receive. Why? Because the amount of wood you buy is largely dependent on the sizes available in the lumber pile. We will always do our best to ship you what you order, though.
Here's an Example
If you order 2 board feet of a wood, the board we may need to ship you could be something like 4/4x6-1/2"x49". That's actually 2.21 board feet, and that's what you will be charged for.
Here's What to Know
- We will aim to come as close as possible to the board footage you order
- We will ask for your permission if the overage is 10% more than the amount you originally ordered
- If you order, as an example, 10 board feet of a wood, you won't get 12 or 15 board feet. It may be more like 10.2 or 10.8
- Due the nature of hardwood lumber, each board in a stack is a different size, with different grain characteristics
- Our primary concern is providing you with quality material that you like
- We want to make sure you get what you need so your project can be a successful one
Shipping Costs also will be adjusted to reflect the actual quantity we're shipping you as well.
We we want you to be happy with your order and our service! So if you still have concerns about what you need and what we can do for you, please call to discuss. Due to the limitations of website software, it's best to handle this type of order person-to-person.
Lumber comes in various widths (usually 4" to 12") and lengths (4' to 8')
Lumber comes in various widths and lengths, which is why sizes and final board footage must fluctuate, and this is why you may need to buy more footage than you realize. The stack of mahogany above shows how lumber comes in many widths, rarely uniform.
Doing Business with Us Is Better
Take how you feel about the usual lumberyard and throw it out the window. Doing business with Woodworkers Source is better.
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
Simply stated, we really want you to be happy with what you buy from us.
That's why we stand behind our lumber, wood, veneer, and turning stock with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you're unsatisfied we want to know so we can fix it.
We pay the return shipping if you aren't happy
Yes, that's an awfully expensive proposition -- that's exactly why we work hard to get it right the first time by asking you questions about your projects, being careful with hand selection, and being mindful that you're putting your trust in us to pick out great looking wood that you'll be proud of.
Hand Selected Lumber
There's Only One Way to Do This, and That's By Hand
Your order gets attention by a real person who selects your wood, one piece at a time, and whose goal is to make you happy that you chose to do business with us.
That's the way we've done it since 1998 when we first started shipping hardwood lumber to woodworkers all over the world. We believe that hand selection is our magic ingredient. Because of that, we'll also stand behind your order with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you don't like the wood you receive from us, we'll replace it.
See It Before You Buy
We can take photos of any of our lumber and send them to you by email, text, or any method you prefer. We'd like to empower you to make decisions and we can make informed suggestions based on your project and your tastes. Call or email us.
The Woodworkers Source Difference
Friendly Help and Woodworking Advice
The members of our crew are woodworking hobbyists too, so they get to know many of our woods by working with them. When you call or email, you'll talk to a friendly fellow woodworker who understands your concerns and, more importantly, is willing to help.
We Enjoy the Craft of Woodworking
That's why we provide tips and advice through as many channels as possible:
No One Knows it All
Woodworking is a very broad topic, and there's no one who knows it all. But fortunately we have a staff of people who each have knowledge of different specialties. So if the person you're speaking with doesn't know the answer, they'll find someone who does.
What Is a Straight Line Rip?
Make It Easier to Cut to Size on Your Table Saw
All of our lumber is stocked surfaced on two sides - which means the face and back of the boards are good and smooth and the edges are rough sawn. A rough edge is rarely suitable to be guided against a table saw fence. A straight line rip puts a true edge on the board so you can run it against a table saw fence and cut the width you need. A straight line rip is also performed after measuring the board. The rip will remove 1/16" to 1/8" from the width of the board.
So you might be wondering why
Hardwood lumber is primarily a raw product. It's been sawn from a log with big machinery that leaves rough surfaces. We then have the material surfaced (planed) on the two faces (after it's been kiln dried) and we stock it this way - smooth faces, rough edges. There are many benefits to stocking lumber like this, the biggest reason is because we find it to be a decent balance between cost and usefulness to the woodworker. Every aspect of machining adds cost to the wood, so we minimize that as much as possible by only having the lumber planed. It allows you to have a workable and smooth surface and also see the grain and color of the boards. Though every board will have to be jointed or straight-line-ripped eventurally, there's no distinctive advantage to stocking it with the edges already straightened. Plus it would add cost. Where many experienced woodworkers might prefer fully rough lumber, we find that many new and intermediate woodworkers do not have a planer, the critical tool for surfacing lumber. And we're here to serve woodworkers of all skill and experience levels as best we can.
Lumber Selection Specs Are $1.00 per BF
Use this selection service to tell what you need to yield. We will check our stock to see if we can satisfy the requirement to get you material that will allow you to cut your parts to your sizes. If we can meet your requirement, we will do so. If not, we will contact you to discuss alternatives.
NOTE: The $1.00 is a selection fee for the labor of hand-sorting boards to meet your minimum requirements; it is not a fee that covers cutting boards or providing boards of an exact size. We'll provide material that will yield what you need, you'll do your own final cutting to size. If you have questions, please call 800-423-2450.
4 Things To Know About Size Requests
- You may be charged for more wood than you order: We will select material that can yield your specified dimension(s). That means we may have to ship you board(s) that are wider or longer than you request, and therefore they may compute to more footage than you calculated. You will be billed for the actual footage that we ship (More At Bottom). Yes, we always contact you first to discuss and make sure you get what you need and are not surprised by additional charges. It might take longer to get your wood.
- Selecting lumber to your specifications may take longer than our standard 3 day turn around: Yes, we always contact you to let you know.
- Your wood will need to be cut to final size by you: Please be aware that your specifications ought to reflect what you need to yield out of a board, or what your minimum size is. We will not cut anything to exact dimensions based on sizes you type into the selection box. If you need wood cut to an exact size, please call for a quote 800-423-2450
- We we want you to be happy with your order and our service: So if you still have concerns about what you need and what we can do for you, please call to discuss. If you do need pieces cut to specific sizes, please call or email for a quote to do so. We'll be happy to help. Due to the limitations of website software, it's best to handle this type of order person-to-person.