Assembled for your peace of mind, this Project Pack includes a total of 20 board feet of our premium lumber and the shipping cost within the 48 U.S. You'll get an assortment of widths (typically between 4'' and 10''), and lengths will be between 4' and 8'. Purchase a Project Pack when you need enough wood to make a medium sized project like a coffee table or cabinet. As usual, all the lumber is surfaced on two sides (S2S), and kiln dried.
Sizes you can expect:
13/16'' thick, surfaced smooth two sides (4/4 S2S)
4''-10'' variety with rough edges. Straight line ripping on one edge is available as well (see above).
4'-8', and each pack contains an assortment
[+] What if I need specific sizes?
You'll have to cut your own pieces to size. Hardwood lumber is sold as a bulk raw product, which means that our stacks of lumber have a big variety of sizes most often from 4" up to 12" wide, and 6' to 16' long.
- Only some unusual exotic woods are narrower than 4" and under 6' long. This is clearly stated when that's the case, everything else is larger.
- We always ship the longest boards possible, and rarely ship boards less than 48" long unless you request shorter. The longest we can ship by UPS is 96" (that's 8').
For general fine woodworking, the various widths and lengths meet the needs and desires of woodworkers building furniture, cabinetry, and fine woodwork. But we do understand that certain projects have some requirements, and we're happy to help you out.
Here's how we can help you get the sizes you need:
- We can hand-select material that will yield what you need. Type your needs into the "Selection Request" field right above the Add to Cart button above when you place your order. 4 things to know about size requests
- We can do some limited custom milling such as planing to a different thickness and straight-line ripping one edge. Please call or email to talk about your needs.
Other Good things To Know
- Quantity: Project Packs contain 20 board feet (or slightly more), which tends to be approximately 4 to 7 boards depending on the size
- Grade: Select & Better. See our page about Hardwood Grading for some details about common lumber grades and their definitions.
- Extra Discount: 10% off 3+ Packs
What's in a Project Pack?
- Uniform thickness lumber
- Planed smooth both sides
- Selection of widths and lengths
- 4-7 boards to equal 20 board feet
- Packaged for maximum protection
- Price includes delivery within 48 U.S.!
Lumber Thickness Compared:
The thickness of hardwood lumber is expressed as a fraction. Here are the various lumber thicknesses compared to one another.
Try a Woodworking Project Plan from WOOD Magazine®These links open in a new window for WOOD Magazine®'s project plans website