Hickory is Your Choice for a Strong and Colorful Furniture Wood
Here's the perfect assortment of boards for your small fine woodworking projects, or when you want to try just a little bit of this wood!
A 10 board foot Craft Pack is simple, plus we stand behind it with our 100% satisfaction guarantee. It includes a great mix of boards that total 10 board feet of hand-picked lumber, and you'll get a fantastic assortment of sizes: from 3'' to 8'' wide, and 24'' to 48'' long. All boards come surfaced on 2 sides (S2S) to 13/16'' thick, you can choose to have the boards planed down to a different thickness if you want thin lumber.
Sizes you can expect:
13/16'' thick, surfaced smooth two sides (4/4 S2S) Additional planing to a different thickness is also available (see above).
3''-8'', with rough edges. Straight line ripping on one edge is available as well, see above.
24''-48'', with the ends trimmed. Each pack contains a variety of lengths.
[+] What if I need specific sizes?
You'll have to cut your own pieces to size. Hardwood lumber is sold as a bulk raw product, which means that our stacks of lumber have a big variety of sizes most often from 4" up to 12" wide, and 6' to 16' long.
- Only some unusual exotic woods are narrower than 4" and under 6' long. This is clearly stated when that's the case, everything else is larger.
- We always ship the longest boards possible, and rarely ship boards less than 48" long unless you request shorter. The longest we can ship by UPS is 96" (that's 8').
For general fine woodworking, the various widths and lengths meet the needs and desires of woodworkers building furniture, cabinetry, and fine woodwork. But we do understand that certain projects have some requirements, and we're happy to help you out.
Here's how we can help you get the sizes you need:
- We can hand-select material that will yield what you need. Type your needs into the "Selection Request" field right above the Add to Cart button above when you place your order. 4 things to know about size requests
- We can do some limited custom milling such as planing to a different thickness and straight-line ripping one edge. Please call or email to talk about your needs.
Other Good things To Know
- Quantity: A total of 10 board feet (or slightly more) are included, approximately 5 to 8 boards depending on the size
- Grade: Craft Packs contain clear shorts. See our page about Hardwood Grading for some details about common lumber grades and their definitions.
- Extra Discount: 10% Off for 3+
Lumber Thickness Compared:
The thickness of hardwood lumber is expressed as a fraction. Here are the various lumber thicknesses compared to one another.
Try a Woodworking Project Plan from WOOD Magazine®These links open in a new window for WOOD Magazine®'s project plans website